Monday, September 19, 2011

Sleep

I just want to brag a minute.

After late nights between hanging out with friends, sports games, and just life, this momma needed some sleep. Real sleep. Not this wake-up-every-3-hours-to-feed-the-5-month-baby-who-USED -to-be-a-good-sleeper,-then-suddenly-decided-that-sleeping-all-night-was-no-fun kinda sleep.

Yesterday was a horrible nap day. As in, nonexistent naps. We had a few 5 minute car ride naps, but they don't count for much. So when he went down for bed a little before 8, I had a fear that it would be another long night, because no nap days normally equal bad sleep nights. WRONG!

I woke up at 4:30 to little whimpers. Someone was hungry. Someone who had just gone 8.5 hours without eating. This momma happily (well, as happy and someone can be before 5am) hopped out of bed to feed him. We both went back to bed and aside from talking to hubby before he went to work, I was able to sleep till 7:30!!! Where I was able to get up and get ready BEFORE baby woke up. So nice!

Did I mention that I went to bed at 9:30? That's 10 hours of sleep y'all!!! Well, with a minor wake up, but still, TEN HOURS!!!

I feel like a new woman. It was much needed.

I'll leave y'all with a photo from Saturday at the PSU game. A post to come soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand your joy. I have a four month old who use to sleep 9 hours, eat fast then sleep 3 more. The past week he has gotten up twice! Ugh!