Thursday, September 27, 2012

16 Weeks With Baby #2


It's true. The second baby does get the shaft before even making his/her appearance in this world.


How far along: 16 weeks and 3 days! (Or 17 and 1 going by the baby measurements)

Total weight gain: As of my appointment last week I was up 3 pounds!

Baby is the size of: An avocado

What's going on with the babe: She can now hear her older brother getting yelled at. She weighs in at 3-5 oz and 4-5 inches crown to rump


Maternity clothing:  I broke out the belly band once last week for my smallest sized jeans. Other than that I've wearing normal clothes still. Although I have broken out my fat pants, which are still a bit big, but are totally comfy when I have to sit :-)

Sleep:  I love it :-) Chasing a toddler is a lot more exhausting than working at a desk like I did with Logan. I still wake up around 3am and have a hard time going back to sleep. I finally stopped having to get up to pee in this past week. :-)

Movement: It's happening, I just haven't felt it yet. I was about 18 weeks with Logan so I"m hoping I can feel it soon!

Cravings/Aversions: Not too much...although I really wanted pizza, and since Kevin is to weak to stand up against me wanting junk food, we stopped at Wegman's and picked up a pie...so good!

Symptoms: I feel pretty good now, except for being tired.

How this pregnancy is different than the first: I'm definitely more tired. I also don't have the cravings I did with Logan. I was addicted to bacon (which if you know me, I normally don't eat), and this time I could care less about it.

How's the big brother was this week:  Good, likes to hit the baby, and is completely clueless...every time he hears someone say 'baby' he thinks they are talking about him. He's been teething, and I think we are finally almost finish! 8 teeth more or less at once is a lot to handle.

The best moment(s) of this past week: Is it bad that I can't remember this past week? My women's Bible study started, and I have an awesome group of ladies I look forward to going deeper with and getting to know this next year.

I'm looking forward to: Feeling this little one move. I think that's a huge part in actually FEELING like I'm pregnant and hauling another little being with me everywhere I go. :-)


Nice and thick looking huh? It's trying to look like a bump! I've learned that a lifetime of good posture makes it hard to make yourself look preggo...I can push it out to look like a real bump, but I have to consciencely (apparently spell check and my husband say this isn't a real word...that it should be conscientiously) do so, because it's just not natural. Although holding a toddler definitely helps to push it out :-)

I didn't do a 16 weeks update with Logan, but I did do a 17 weeks one.


***On a side note, Logan's 18 months today! Officially a year and a half!***

1 comment:

Emerson Kelly said...

It is essential to have 7-9 hours sleep per day during pregnancy!!

Pregnancy Symptoms Week by Week