Wednesday, April 27, 2011

1 Month

Logan,

Today you are one month old! I can't believe my baby is a month! I also can't believe how much you have changed.

You were always alert, but you are even more so now. You can focus on faces and things, and especially love looking at the ceiling fans. You laugh-smile since you haven't figured out how to actually laugh yet and love to make faces.

You just moved into your own room (still in the pack and play bassinet) and have been a wonderful sleeper. The first few weeks you would only sleep if you were being held, then we moved you into our room during daddy's Spring break and you learned to sleep on your own, so I'm super proud that you can sleep in your own room. I think it was harder on momma then you. You're even learning to entertain yourself when you wake up. You were babbling to yourself and smiling. I love your big, gummy smiles and wish I could capture the feeling behind them with the camera.

You have been sleeping a longer stretch of 4-4.5 hours before your first middle of the night feeding, then another 3 hours or so, which I am loving!

From our home measurements you are about 22 1/2 inches long and 10.2 pounds. So you are definately a growing boy from the 21 inches and 8.45 pounds you were at birth. Which makes sense since you were eating 2 hours up until a day or two ago. Now you'll throw in a few 2.5 hours or 3 hours if you're sleeping.

Logan, you have been such a joy and blessing to have you in our lives. You're such a pleasant, mild mannered baby. You love to play and be center of attention and aren't afraid to let us know when you are bored. I love watching you explore and take everything in. I love seeing daily changes in you, like your eyelashes growing and your peach fuzz turning into 'real' hair. I love how you prefer to be held upright, or to stand just so you can see more. I also love your little cuddles when curl your legs in and snuggle up on my chest.

I can't image my life without you and I can't wait to see the man (and teenage and little boy and toddler...) you grow into.

Love always,

Momma

No comments: