Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Philly Phever


I have never been one much for baseball. It may be the American sport, but it's so slow. I've been to one professional game in my life and it lasted 16 innings...not a good impression.

Yet some how I find myself captivated by the game the past few weeks. Maybe it's because it's the only thing I hear about at work. Maybe because it's the only thing I hear about ever. Maybe I'm actually realizing it's not quite as boring as I once thought. It may not have the action like football, but definitely has it's moments. I find myself taking stats and plays from the previous games and it's scary. How do I get so caught up in a game I once despise? I mean the only good thing about the game is cute boys in tight pants, right? Oh yeah, I'm not in grade school any more.

So as I lay on the couch yawning and barely able to keep my eyes open, I find myself unable to go to bed as this may be the deciding game. If we can pull this game off we only need one more for the series. If we don't, than it's all over. Oh the pressure.

We need to load the bases and then hit a home run, and then do it again. No lead is too great against the Yankees. We got the skillz, we just have to use it!

P.S. Is it just me or is our team much better looking too?

No comments: