Monday, December 13, 2010

A Little Bit of This, and a Little Bit of That

I feel like I'm all over the place any more.

I'm FINALLY kicking this cold to the curb! Yay! It's wonderful to be able to sleep again. Although last night didn't result in much sleep. Kevin thinks he got food poisoning from a diner he ate at, so he was up half the night sick. Which means I was up half the night. I guess the 'mom instinct' kicks in and I can't sleep if someone in the house isn't feeling well.

I then had to deal with a kitty who thought that the corner of the nursery was his litter box! WTH! Not the brightest idea of his. Luckily the wall got the majority and only a little dripped onto the carpet but still. Speaking of kitties, they still believe that the Christmas tree is their new jungle gym and the new game is to race to see how fast you can get to the top. They have learned that there is less climbing and therefore quicker to take a running leap INTO the tree. The higher the better. This results in lots of 'pine needles' sticking to them or falling on the floor that then get dispersed all over the house. Although now we know when they sneak on the counter or table because they leave a nice green trail. :-)

Yesterday was my last day off until Christmas day. I'm not looking forward to working 2 weeks straight. Not to mention that Christmas isn't going to feel restful. It really stinks that Christmas is on the weekend so we don't get any extra days off. I always need a day or two to recover from a holiday.
Some how we came up with the brilliant idea to split Christmas between our families. Maybe it was because of our first year when we decided to split holidays, so I had Thanksgiving and Kev has Christmas. We drove home Christmas night with me in tears because I didn't get to see my family. The following year went well, we drove down to Kev's parents and spent the morning/early afternoon with his family than drove an hour and a half to Lancaster to be with my family. But my family is never simple. We always celebrate with my mom's side since it's just her mom, sister, brother and sister-in-law. So last year we were at their house. Which wouldn't be bad, but it's an hour and a half in the other direction. Then we drove to my parents to spend the night and have our little Christmas. In total I think we spent close to 4 hours in the car. I hate the rushed feeling from having to go from one place to the next. Although how many people can say that they celebrated Christmas in 4 different counties in the same day? Craziness I tell ya. This year is suppose to be the same, but I can't handle it. Especially spending the night at my parents, because that takes us into Sunday, so literally by the time we would get home the weekend and my only 'break' would be over. Plus, we have to drive up the Lancaster Monday night for my dad's side family party.

I love Christmas, but I H.A.T.E. the busyness of all of it. I haven't even started my shopping. Gasp! The nice part is seeing friend. I've had 3 parties already. That adds to the busy feeling, but it's the fun busy. Last Sunday was an old group of college/church friends, Friday night was with my 3 best friends and their hubbys and Saturday night was with Young Life. I made sure I was responsible for desserts at all the parties, whipped up a double batch of pizzelles and I was good to go.

It's been snowing here all morning. It's the pretty kind that just kinda twirls around and is fun to look at but doesn't do anything. It goes really well with the Christmas music in the background.

See, yeah, life is crazy which is why I'm super sporadic on here. I'm keeping up with your blogs on the reader, but it takes too long to comment unless there's really something I want to say.

Hope y'all are enjoying this season!

1 comment:

The Rhoads said...

i can agree with all the traveling! luckily my extended family has changed it so we meet up the weekend after christmas. with all the kids growing up and adding in spouses it just got crazy trying to find a time. so this is how we do it now...christmas eve, j's family comes up for dinner and we exchange gifts. then on christmas late morning we celebrate with my family. then we head over to j's extended family party around 4, which is a hour away. Ou first christmas was up to his parents early morning, then my parents around noon, then extended family mid afternoon, then back up to his extended family.