Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hormones

I have been warned that your hormones get crazier and crazier the closer you get to meeting your little baby. Did I believe that? No, not really. Okay, maybe I believed it, I just didn't think that it would happen to me. I mean, okay, sure, I have the occasional day where I'm not completely myself, but for the most part hormones don't mess with me.

Hahahaha!!!

That statement might have been true up until a day or so ago.

First of all, my face is completely broken out. Ugg!! Disgusting! I feel like I'm 12 again. So not fun! It just makes me feel so dirty. Not that I have perfect skin to begin with, I'm used to a little breakout here and there, but nothing like this. I feel like a fat, pimply teenage...not helping the self esteem much.

But that's not the worst part. Nope.

I couldn't run out of work fast enough yesterday because I was losing a battle on hold back my tears. It was just one of those days. I was cold, tired and had a bit of a 'tude. I bawled the whole ride home. Nothing major happened to set me off, I'm just blaming it on the hormones. Maybe the fact that I had to stay an extra hour didn't help, but still.

I'm lucky enough to have a loving hubby who had to cancel his soccer practice because of the rain, so dinner was practically ready when I got home. Then he was patient enough to sit and listen to me rant about my day and my body. Gotta love him! And the kittens that let me snuggle them to pieces. Purring definitely has a healing/helping effect.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

I wish I could say that the emotional rollercoaster ends after the baby is born- but unfortunately for me it's never ended and my first pregnancy was over 12 yrs ago!! Hang in there. The pictures are adorable of your belly! And the kitties are cute too.