Wednesday, October 24, 2012

20 Weeks with Baby #2

Can't believe I'm past the halfway point already!!!  This pregnancy is going way to quick! Not sure if I'm ready to take care of 2 little ones yet.

How far along: 20 weeks and 3 days! (Or 21 weeks going by the baby measurements)

Total weight gain: As of my appointment last week I was up 8 pounds!

Baby is the size of: A banana

What's going on with the babe: About 10.5 ounces and about 10 inches long head to toe and starting to swallow

Maternity clothing: I've tried to wear maternity pants a few times and they just don't work! They are constantly falling down and are baggy around my legs and butt. Much rather stick with the belly band or even some normal pants still! Shirts are all pre-preggo

Sleep: It was pretty good for awhile there, but now I'm restless. I've been tossing and turning the past few nights. And that's not an easy task! lol

Movement: Not as much as Logan, but I feel her 'swimming' around occasionally. Especially at night when I lay down. I guess it's the only time I'm not running around chasing a toddler :-)


Cravings/Aversions: Candy corn pumpkins. I'm just blaming that on the babe, because I always get it this time of year :-)

Symptoms: The normal aches...mainly my hips, but if I hold Logan to long my lower back starts to hurt. The exhaustion is finally letting up, or maybe I'm just getting used to it? Oh, and still peeing all the time!

How this pregnancy is different than the first: This kid is riding a lot lower than Logan did. Also, I can't stop and enjoy every step, I'm busy chasing after the kid that isn't permanently(for now at least) attached to me. I remember hitting the halfway point with Logan and being so excited and couldn't believe it. With this poor kid, I woke up and was like 'oh halfway, YAY! Okay, time to make breakfast and do some laundry and then we have to...'

How's the big brother was this week: Big brother has had a rough week. I don' know if it's a cold, or teething, or a growth spurt or what, but he's been a bear. We have meltdowns all the time, but on an up note he's been napping longer. Yay!

The best moment(s) of this past week: Seeing 'FALL' We went up to Springton Manor and it was gorgeous! Oh, and we got our ultrasound today! ;-)

Baby was being stubborn or shy and wouldn't give us a profile pic :-/ We do have a creepy one of her looking at us though :-) Heartrate was at 156 and she loved waving hi and playing with her hands!

I'm looking forward to: Seeing my SIL this weekend who's a month ahead of me.

And the bump...

I feel super thick so don't judge :-)

Oh, and the link to my 19 and 21 week post with Logan

1 comment:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

I'm super confused...are you team yellow or is "she" really a "she"?! Did I miss this?!