Tuesday, December 8, 2009

And the Christmas Festivities Begin...

I have lived in this town for over 8 years, and this is the first year I was able to make it to the olde fashion Christmas parade. It was definitely better than I anticipated too!

We made the mistake of attempting to eat at Applebee's before, but with the wait time we would have been cutting it too close to making it. So we drove into town, finally found a parking spot a bazillion miles away ( okay, so nothing is more than a mile away from the center of town, but it seemed far!), ran into some friends from church who told us about all this free food in the shops, went into a few shops, but didn't feel right eating their food. We grabbed a bite at Salad Stop and watched the elf runners. Then, we wondered down to the courthouse and watch the tree lighting. Let me just say that it was a huge dissapointment. It was a matter of the PECO plugging it in, just like I do at home every night. Oh well, I guess as a kid everything seems a little more magical. Plus, the tree in Lancaster is huge and in the middle of the square.

We recieved some free candy (yum!), free Flava coffee and tea, and met up with brother. After watching the parade for a little, the cold got the best of me. I am a wimp when it comes to cold. I serious cannot hack it. I should have been born in the south. They get an occational snow, and it gets cooler, but nothing compare to this! I dont' know how people survive in Minnesota! I whine when as it's dipping into the 30's and 40's, and they would consider that a heat wave! (I have family out there, so I can pick on the state.) Luckily, Jackie invited us up to watch the parade with her family from the Young Life office. It definately was much warmer, and the view was fantastic! I took a few pictures, but low lighting and moving objects don't exactly take the best pictures. Maybe if I had a low apenture lens some might have turned out (hint, hint, Christmas is less than 3 weeks away...).

All my weekends from here on out are filled with Christmas fun, and I love it! I'm not getting caught up in the craziness this year and obligations, I'm goint to enjoy everything, and if I feel like it's too much, than I'm just not going to do it.

No comments: