Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pups

So Kevin and I spent the last week house/dog sitting for some friends. We didn't have internet, so hence the lack of blogging.
They have 2 totally cute, totally crazy, totally, totally mental labs. Zoe is a yellow lab and Scout's a black lab mix. Since they are adopted no one is sure of what has happen to them in the past, so little things will set them off. We slowly learned through the week what worked...and what didn't.

They quickly warmed up to me and would sit on the floor next to me, or beg me to pet them, but they were to crazy about Kevin. Since it absolutely poured all day on Saturday they were pretty content with staying inside with us, but when the sun came out on Sunday that wanted to sunbathe in the front yard. Well we had to head over to our apartment to being to tack packing since the move was only a week away. They were not to happy to be rounded up and put inside, even though I gave them a treat for being so good about it.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Scout has a submissive urination problem, so if you look at her in the eye she piddles a little. Yeah, I made that mistake when telling her she was such a good girl for coming in.

The next day Kevin comes home to find a nice little present waiting for him from one of them....
Well that didn't compare at all the presents I had at 6 am the following morning!
Kev normally feeds them in the morning since he's up early, and then I'll let them out until I have to leave. Well he was running late, so being the nice wife that I am :-) I said I'd feed them...it would take 2 seconds and then I could go back to bed...right?
WRONG!!!
I go down and turn on the light and all I see is poop! Labs aren't the smallest dogs, so their poop isn't the smallest thing either...and it seemed to span the entire basement! As I'm surveying the scene trying to figure out the best approach, Kevin so kindly points out that there's piddle in the one corner also. Great!

As I finished up I noticed that Zoe wasn't acting herself, and wondered what was wrong...well it wasn't long until she threw up, not once, but twice on my now clean floor!
What a way to start off a day!

Luckily we didn't have any more incidences with them after that. Other then the fact that Zoe is very stubborn, and was a huge pain to get to come inside at night. I'm sure the neighbors love the fact that I was yelling for her to get in the house NOW! at like 10pm every nights.

Oh well...it's over now...and it's funny cuz I miss them. Starting out I told Kev we are no where close to ready to have a dog...but now I'm double guessing myself.
We can't have pets in our new apartment, so it'll be at least a year until we'll get to think about that. Hopefully I'll be able to post about the move soon. We don't have our internet till Friday but sometimes I can snag someone elses...shhhh.

No comments: